Residential Window Treatments in Chicago
Window Treatments in Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs
If something appears to be missing from your home interior, you should consider reevaluating your window treatments. Any interior decorator will tell you that natural light is important for an interior aesthetic, and maintaining control of that light is essential for making the most of your interior spaces. Architectural Window Treatments is dedicated to installing high-quality residential window treatments throughout the Chicago area. Our shades and blinds experts will gladly help you determine which window treatments best suit your home.
Types of Residential Window Treatments
Understanding the different types of window treatments can help you make a smart selection. Here’s a quick look at the types of window treatments we offer at Architectural Window Treatments.
- Roller Shades: As the name suggests, roller shades roll down over your windows, blocking light when necessary. Translucent roller shades allow in some light, while blackout shades eliminate light completely while closed.
- Honeycomb Shades: Honeycomb shades are named for their honeycomb-shaped profile. These shades are designed to block both light and heat, and can help boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Venetian Blinds: Venetian blinds allow you to more precisely control the amount of light coming into your home. There are several different blind materials to choose from, including aluminum, wood, and faux materials.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Window Treatments
You must take a number of factors into consideration when selecting blinds or shades for your home. The professionals at Architectural Window Treatments will gladly help you choose based on the following considerations.
- Area of the House: Blackout blinds are popular for bedrooms, while translucent blinds may be more appropriate for the living room. It’s also important to keep in mind what side of the house your rooms are located and how the time of day affects how much sunlight comes in through your windows.
- Design Features: Good window treatments must complement the other design elements of your home. You should take your flooring, wall color, and furniture into account when choosing your new window treatments.
- Automated vs. Manual: Many Chicago homeowners are opting for automated blinds and shades instead of the traditional manually operated ones. Installing automated window treatments in your home can help simplify light control and impress your guests.
Contact Architectural Window Treatments today!
For more help deciding on window treatments, don’t hesitate to call Architectural Window Treatments at (312) 878-8086. We have a combined experience of over 50 years installing high-quality drapes, blinds, and shades throughout the Chicago area.